SUPERIOR, AZ – Resolution Copper today announced it has awarded college scholarships to ten exceptional high school seniors from the Arizona Apache community. In consultation with education, tribal and community leaders, recipients were selected based on the student’s academic ability, commitment to excellence, community outreach and leadership potential.
“There is no better investment in the future of our state than an investment in our children,” said Diego Ortega, general manager, Communities and Social Performance. “Providing an opportunity for young people to pursue their educational dreams is something that inspires our hearts and our minds.”
A $3,000 scholarship was presented to each of the following students:
· Joel Beauty, Yavapai-Apache Nation, Camp Verde High School
· Ignatius Lupe Jr., White Mountain Apache Tribe, Alchesay High School
· Ariel Kindelay, San Carlos Apache Tribe, San Carlos High School
· Adriana Haozous, San Carlos Apache Tribe, San Carlos High School
· Diondre Hooke, San Carlos Apache Tribe, San Carlos High School
· Wilbur Benally III, San Carlos Apache Tribe, San Carlos High School
· Justin Woodbury San Carlos Apache Tribe, San Carlos High School
· Angel Patten, San Carlos Apache Tribe, Fort Thomas High School
· Kylie WhiteEagle, San Carlos Apache Tribe, Washington High School
· Benjamin Sanchez, San Carlos Apache Tribe, Globe High School
“Resolution Copper has a strong track-record of supporting education and investing in our youth,” said Tara Kitcheyan, senior advisor, Native American Affairs. “We are proud of each recipient and honored to play a part in supporting their life goals and dreams. As a San Carlos Apache myself, I am proud of these young people and look forward to seeing even greater achievements from them in the future,” said Kitcheyan.
With a commitment to support education and invest in Arizona youth, Resolution Copper has awarded more than 130 scholarships totaling more than $500,000 since 2002.